Friday, April 16, 2010

Roadside Encounters

Why are there so many shoes on the side of the roads? It never fails to get me thinking about how they got there especially since there is almost always only ONE shoe. Doesn't the owner notice he is missing a shoe? Say you were driving along with your feet stuck out of the window and a huge gust of wind from a passing truck whips one of your shoes completely off. I know I would stop the car and go back for it but then again if it is a kid, maybe they think they will get yelled at so they don't say anything and hope it won't get noticed, how you wouldn't notice I don't know but never the less, it is a possible scenario.Just picture a Mom behind the steering wheel yelling at the poor teenager in the backseat . . . "Jeremy, for the LAST time I am telling you to get those feet in the car! You think I can afford to buy you yet ANOTHER pair of shoes? At least this time, make it a right shoe so we can use the left shoe from the last time and make it a pair." "Awww, gee Mom, I can't do anything without you nagging at m. . ."
Whoosh!!!! There went another. . .

No comments: